Sunday, December 13, 2009

Oh How I love my cloth!

I have simply fallen in love with our cloth diapers. Now, don't get me wrong, obviously I have loved it for some time to cloth diaper 2 kids. But I've gone up and down with the love of my stash of diapers. At this particular moment and for the past 6 months or so, I have been very content with my stash (this is rare!). I have found a system that works really well for us and is easy for family and the babysitter to use. I've also found a really, really good wash routine that has done away with the stinkies and never leaves any stains.

Since March, we have been using exclusively Nana's Bottoms AIO's (All in ones) and Fuzzi Bunz pocket diapers. This system has worked really well for us. I send either the Nana's or FB's to the babysitter and then use the FB's at night for both boys. I usually double stuff the night time diapers and both boys go all night with no leaks. The Nana's are uber trim under clothing and I don't need to size up Bubba's pants with them like you have to sometimes with cloth diapers. Here are some pics of the little guy with his Nana's on:
We have also recently acquired some flat diapers. Basically these are just a large square piece of fabric. You have to fold them in order to put them on, or you can trifold them and lay them in a cover. The nice thing about these diapers is that they are super cheap ($12.50 a dozen) and you can fold them according to the size of your baby, making them truly a one sized diaper. Here are some pics of Bubba in the flats:For both diapers, the Nana's and the flats, I have made my own fleece liners that I just lay on top as a stay dry liner to help keep Bubba's bottom dry. The FB's have a fleece inner so they are already stay dry.

Our wash routine has also been perfected. We have hard water so its hard to find a detergent and wash routine that does not cause stinkies. This is what we do: wash on the heavy duty cycle on hot with a 1/4 scoop of Tide HE original powder. Then do another hot wash on heavy duty with no detergent. This has worked perfectly and we never have any stains. I just love it when everything seems to come together and you achieve stash nirvana! :) And, there's just nothing cuter than a little cloth covered bum!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with the love of the cloth diapers... we love our Sposo Easy and Bum Genius the most right now... but Dry Bees might be a favorite as well. Might have to try the Nanas Bottoms. Still giving the Fuzzibuns a chance since he just started fitting in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent tried the Drybees but I do like the Sposoeasy and the BG's. It's all about personal choice :) Oh, and the love of a cloth bum!

    ReplyDelete