Thursday, November 10, 2011

Its been a while!

I know its been ages since my last post. There's a million reasons why, but mostly because we have just been so busy.

We are in the midst of making a lot of bigger decisions regarding our family. Some of those decisions include jobs, schools, and religion.

We have decided to withdraw Peytonn from the Montessori school that he was attending. We absolutely love the school and I think it was a great opportunity to introduce Peytonn into the learning world. However, after our parent/teacher conferences this Fall, its evident that Peytonn needs more structure. He is lacking in his letters and upper numbers. We excels in areas of Art, practical life, puzzles, and colors/shapes.

This then leads into the religion part of things. I knew from the get-go that I would never enroll my kids in the public school in our area. Given what I do for a living, I was not having my kid attend the same school as my clients kids. Its just something I am not willing to compromise! I am very adament about keeping my work and family life separate.

We have decided to send the kids to private Catholic school. Now, neither of us are Catholic. However, I am baptized Catholic and my father's side of the family is all Catholic. After much research and discussions, we have decided to convert (Hubby and I) to Catholic. None of the kids are baptized, however, we will have them baptized in the Spring, after we have been completely accepted into the church.  This is something that I feel is right for our family.

Peytonn will start Preschool at the Catholic school on Monday. We are excited for him and he will continue with the kids in his class through to Kindergarten. We made a visit to the school last Sunday after Mass. I really like it and the teachers, I think Peytonn will succeed.

Bennett will remain at the Montessori school for the rest of the year. He will start preschool at the Catholic school next Fall.

I am excited about the new changes we are making for our family.

2 comments:

  1. School decisions! SO difficult! Congrats on the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you guys have been busy!! We are getting Mackenzie baptized this spring hopefully. I can't even begin to think about school, but when we are searching for a home we are asking about the school district! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete