Let's face it, we're all busy these days. I swear, some days I feel like I hardly get a minute to sit down. I have three children 5 and under, work full time, two kids in preschool (at different schools and different times), and have volunteered for the two co-ops we participate in. I am constantly on the go and in my car.
I really look forward to the weekend when I don't necessarily have to go anywhere and can just hang out at home with the kids.
Yesterday was such a beautiful day! We went to 9am Mass and then headed home. Hubby went to lunch with some friends to discuss their annual "man conference." (yeah, I laughed too!) I decided I wasn't sitting at home on such a gorgeous day, so I loaded all three kids up and we went to lunch at the local drive in (or hot dog house as the boys call it). Then we went to the park. We stayed for about two hours and the kids had a blast! Both boys were red faced by the time we left!
We first started out on a nature walk on the trail:
Along the path, Peytonn found this pretty purple flower. He named it 'Tooney" and carried this things with him. At one point he told me that Tooney was cold and he had to put her in his pocket! I swear, this kid comes up with some of the funniest things! Here is a picture of Tooney, after being in the pocket, of course!
After our walk on the trail, we played on the playground for a while:
Sissy had a great time watching the boys play on the playground:
There is a creek that runs through the park. The creek is dry current, so the bed is full of rocks, which is heaven for little boys who love dirt!
We had such a fun day. Its days like these that truly are food for my soul. Watching my children laugh, play, and discover. After the park, we came home and rested for a bit. The boys played out in the back yard the rest of the day and then we grilled out for dinner. We all slept great last night! We even had the window in our bedroom open all night, which is my most favorite thing!
I can't wait for weather like this all the time!






No comments:
Post a Comment