Today, I'm linking up with Toddle Along Tuesday. The topic is "Things I never thought I'd do" as a parent. This should be fun! :)
1. I swore up and down and all around that I would NEVER sleep with my children! That was too dangerous!
Newsflash.....I've co-slept with all 3 of my children! Why? Uhh, cause when you're up every 45-90 minutes to feed a baby, its just easier to roll over, latch them on, and go back to sleep! But don't you worry, every one has survived and all now sleep in their own rooms in their own beds!
2. I swore I would not let my kids watch a bunch of TV.
My kids watch TV, they even watch movies. But my kids are pretty darn active and don't really sit for long. If we are inside, usually the TV is on, but that doesnt mean they are watching it. We play outside a lot and go for walks, etc. But yes, my kids do watch TV.
3. I swore I would never count 1-2-3 to my kids, like my mom did.
Ha! Well, it seems to be the only thing that works for Bennett. He needs those extra warnings to shape up. I dont have to use it for Peytonn.
4. I swore my kids would not eat junk food!
Yeeeah. It happens. For the most part though, my kids eat home cooked meals daily, with a variety of foods. My kids are not picky eaters and eat just about everything. But yeah, sometimes its hotdogs and mac n cheese. But i have been a stickler about our milk. We have always drank either raw milk or organic milk. Its just not something I am willing to budge on. So yeah, we stomach the $6-$7 a gallon for milk.
Overall, I had all these ideas in my head about what kind of parent I was going to be. In reality, I feel like I've had to change my parenting several times depending on which child it is. Peytonn is pretty easy to discipline. Bennett on the other hand, its like Parenting 101 all over again! As parents I think we do the best that we can.
you are so right that "as Parents I think we do the best that we can". I bet our parents did all of this and I have to say we Turned out just fine. FOund you over on the link up today.
ReplyDeleteSo true to all of this! :D
ReplyDeleteMy smiley face came out all wonky, haha
ReplyDeleteCan't wait till the 1-2-3!
ReplyDeleteI think we all have trouble with the TV. Mine is like yours, too busy to pay attention too much. It's background noise, but maybe she can learn something while I clean too. :)
I feel like I've had to change my parenting several times depending on which child it is - so true! Great to recognize that parenting is not one-size-fits-all!
ReplyDelete