I was talking with a friend the other day and she asked me what my secret was. I started to think about it and I realized something that had led to my success this time around: no pressure!
I haven't put any pressure on myself or been in a program where I have to lose each week or feel terrible about myself. Honestly, the only "tools" I have used are tracking on MyFitnessPal and doing Zumba. Some week I'm better at tracking and working out than others. Some weeks I gain and others I lose. It has taken me two months to lose the 16+ pounds but that's ok. Who's counting anyways?! I'm happy with my progress and I feel much better overall. I still treat myself (ahem weekly red mango trips!) and I still get off track. But then I get back on. This mindset has really paid off for me because ultimately I'm losing weight and getting healthy for me, and only me. And me says I can have Red Mango and I don't have to feel guilty if I want to snuggle with my babies instead of working out.
So yeah, that's that. Find something that works for you and do it! My goal had always been to feel better and healthier and be able to wear shorts this summer. That's really all I care about. Not the number.

15 pounds

The places I've noticed the loss in the most: my butt, legs, and stomach.
I'm getting there, slowly but surely. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment