Home: We finished painting the kitchen cabinets white a while ago. And now we've purchased the paint to paint the entire downstairs with. (I think my husband hates me!) But it will be all one color and some of the kitchen walls haven't been painted since we moved in, oh almost 6 years ago! Yikes! Trust me, it all needs a little face lift! And I'm excited to have it all be one color. We went with 'Comfort Gray' from Sherwin Williams.
I figured it would go nicely with the white cabinets and trim, and the dark brown couch and furniture that we have. I thought with such a neutral color on the walls, we could add some color with new curtains. I really like the chevron pattern,but Lord are they expensive!!
As for the kids: Bennett just finished up his second year of preschool. He will be going 5 days a week next year with the same teacher.
Peytonn finishes up all day kindergarten next Monday. Can't believe he is going to be in 1st grade next year!! He's been busy with both soccer and baseball this Spring. I think he has really enjoyed the sports more this year since a lot of the kids on his team are from his school. He wants to do Fall soccer and we plan for swim lessons this summer for both boys and VBS.
Avonlea is almost 2!?!?! Sad! But she is saying more words everyday and its getting easier to understand what she wants and needs. The pacifier is long gone and she is sleeping so much better now! Thank heavens! She's still a peanut at barely 25lbs and will be in 18 month shorts this summer, but 24 month shirts. She is now into a size 5 shoe! She wants to be just as active as the boys and loves to play outside, go for bike rides/walks, and is attempting to ride a tricycle.
As for me and the baby, well we are doing great! I am 21 weeks now and I feel like my belly is so small still! Some times I even forget I am pregnant, but then she kicks and squirms a million times to remind me. I can feel her kicks and squirms from the outside of my belly now and she is still super low. Maybe that is why I still feel so small. Weight gain is still around 8lbs, give or take. My next appointment is June 3rd at 22 weeks. Still on weekly progesterone shots, made it through my first month of them. I'm really, really hoping to make it to September which will put me at 35 weeks. I really want 36/37 this time and to bring a baby home with me!!!
We don't really need much with this baby since I kept almost everything from Avonlea. I did give her infant seat away to my cousin, but a friend has been generous enough to give us her Graco one that goes up to 30 lbs. I plan to keep Avonlea in her crib as long as possible, for my own sanity. We switched the boys at age 2 to a regular sized bed, but I don't think that will be the case for Avonlea. Plus, eventually the girls will share a room. If we don't move first. I purchased a Rock n Play at Target this weekend for the new baby. I figured this would be easy to transfer between upstairs (our room) and the living room downstairs. Plus take places if need be. This will also be what the baby sleeps in with us until moving into the crib. I just got the basic one because I liked the colors better than the monkey deluxe one they had. The aqua is much more vibrant in person and I love the mesh sides to allow for air flow and in case the baby gets their face next to it, they are able to breath better.
We just got the BOB Duallie double stroller in the mail this week. I took it with me to my sister's this past weekend and it worked great for the girls. Even Bennett took a stroll in it. Peytonn pushed it the entire time and it turns/pushes like a dream!!!I also found on a discount website the infant seat adapter for this stroller and the baby monitor that works with the iPhone, iPad, and iPod. We desperately need a new monitor, considering ours is 6 years old and barely works!! I'm on a roll for baby purchases but that should about cover us for items that we needed.
Overall, naming this baby should be the hardest thing!




I want that rock n play also! We had to get rid of ours after my in laws used it because of mold. :/ Ah well, if this baby is like Mackenzie it'll be worth it!
ReplyDeleteHave you looked at making your own curtains? if you don't mind them being thin, I'm sure you can find a chevron print at hobby lobby or joanns. What about the cloth shower curtains or table cloths? I did table cloths in the guest room, they just weren't dark. You can use almost anything for curtains now! :)