You know, when I get to that point in my pregnancies when all the 'fun' begins. Where I start to feel like a ticking time bomb. The anxiety and nervousness of 'when' and 'what ifs'. I'm 28 weeks this week and it was 29 weeks when I first got admitted to the hospital for pre-term labor with Peytonn. My water broke just 3 short weeks later and he spent 17 days in the NICU.
I've learned a lot since those days, both about myself and pregnancy. I've come to terms over the past 6 years that I am not able to control when my body says 'I'm done!' And wants the baby out....now! I've learned to trust my mommy instinct when it comes to the care of my preemies and I'm not afraid to question the docs/nurses or voice my concerns. The relationship that I have with my doctor is much more than just a patient/doc one. She is my sound board, my comfort, and I completely trust her. She never makes me feel like I am forced to do anything and ultimately she leaves the decision up to me. Which I highly respect and love about her. Plus, we always laugh a ton during my appts which puts my nervousness to rest for a little while.
This baby is growing beautifully and she reminds me each and everyday how active and alive she is. I am really praying to make it to 37 weeks this time, September 15th. Although, I've had in my head the date of 9/29/13 for a while now, 39 weeks. Could you imagine?! I would probably be the most miserable pregnant lady ever, but so extremely happy.
I took my one hour glucose test this past week and failed by 2 points. So now I must take the 3 hour. Ugh. I've always passed the 3 hour so I hope I have the same results this time.
Bending over and breathing no longer go in the same sentence together. My ankles are usually swollen by the end of the day. Not as bad as they were last Monday, but still noticeable. I'm exhausted all.the.time but still sleep like crap. Still doing weekly shots and I'm getting pretty good at finding a spot without any blood after. I've only reacted 3 times to my shots this pregnancy. Last time I had huge, itchy welts at the injection site for days after a shot.
I'm not even going to talk about my weight gain. I think I'm around 15lbs now. Moving on.....
We received our crib from Ikea but they didn't send the mattress. Another one is on its way. Hoping to get that set up this week before Hubby leaves for AT. Still need to locate the newborn clothes and wash those.
It will all come together. Eventually. And if not, I've got diapers and boobs and that should get us through.


Cook that baby as long as possible mama!!!
ReplyDeleteAlthough, I have a feeling that is one for me will want to come early. Maybe it's because I was walking around 3-4 cm dilated at 37 weeks with Colson. ??? And I am jealous of your weight gain... I'm around the 22 pound mark. Blah!
Where did you find that dress?? I had no luck at Target this weekend.
ReplyDeleteI think you'll make it!! People think I'm crazy when I say I at least want to make it to 36 weeks, preferably 38 weeks! I'm drying positive and keep telling myself I will hold this baby when they are born. BUT if not I've also learned a lot about myself and the NICU so I'm prepared for whatever.
I think you'll get there!! Stay positive!