Mila Josephine decided to join us on September 1st at 10:24am. She weighed in at 5lbs 3oz and was 18.5 inches.
My water broke during mass at 34 weeks and 6 days. I was admitted that night to the hospital. I had every intention of going natural again this delivery. I was given cytotec orally every hour from 12-6am. By 6am, I was contracting every 2 minutes and I was 2cm and 75% thinned out. I was also having back labor again. And then I thought to myself, "I remember how horrible this is going to be and I really just want to enjoy it."
At that point, I signed myself up to get an epidural and frankly, I'm so glad that I did. They started me on pitocin and my doc came to see me around 9:30am. Hubby had run out to grab some breakfast for himself. I was 4 cm.
Miss Mila kept rolling away from the monitor and it wasn't picking up my contractions or her heartbeat. The nurses were in and out of my room every few minutes. I text Hubby around 10:15am to see how long before he was back because I had a feeling it wasn't going to be long. Thankfully, he walked in the door a minute later. Doc checked me and I was complete. Three contractions later and miss Mila was born.
Apparently the placenta had a premature abruption (where is starts to come away from the uterus prematurely) and they think Mila ingested some of the blood. The NICU team looked her over and took her to NICU. She was placed on cpap to help keep her lungs open and clear the blood out. Other than that, she is doing fantastic. All of her vitals have been great and as of right now there are no other issues.
All day yesterday after delivery, she was very cranky and startled at every touch. This morning I went to see her around 5am and she was so much more at peace. Very calm and allowed me to touch her without startling. I spoke with the night nurse who also confirmed that she appeared much more calm. Her breathing has slowed to a more normal rate, which is great!
Notice how relaxed her arms and legs are while she sleeps. Yesterday she looked ready for a fight at every minute. Her arms and legs were very tense and drawn up.
She also has THE longest feet and toes! She obviously got those from her father!
I'm hoping to be able to stay until she is able to come home. I will get discharged on Tuesday but I'm hoping I can do Parent Overnight at the hospital until she is released. I did this after Avonlea was born as well.
I'm hoping she will be off the cpap today and just have the nasal cannula. I'm also hoping to get to feed her today. I've been pumping and taking what little colostrum I am able to get, down to her in syringes.
Please keep little Mila in your thoughts and prayers that she recovers quickly and gets to come home soon!





Congratulations! She is adorable! Thinking of you and your family and hoping all goes well =)
ReplyDeleteHoping all continues to go well. She's adorable!
ReplyDeleteHello baby Mila!
ReplyDeleteI hope all continues to go well and she improves quickly so she can come home!