Thursday, September 19, 2013

Two week appt



Mila had her two week appt today. Her stats were:
Weight: 5lbs 5oz
Height: 18.5 inches

She is nursing much better these days. She's been cluster feeding in the evenings before bed and then usually gives me a longer stretch of sleep. Last night she gave me a 6 hour stretch, but usually it's 4-5 hours. My allergies have really spiked in the past two days and I can't take anything because it can dry up your milk. I've been miserable so that extra sleep really felt good. 


We've been using the sling a lot while out and she loves it. She gets all snuggled and sleeps the entire time. It's great for picking the kids up from schoolbecause then she isn't in the carseat the entire time. I also use this time to get her a little vitamin D from the sun since breastmilk is deficient in that. 

I've been enjoying my time at home. We've been on walks/bike rides and she really enjoyed the stroller. It rides so smooth. 

Her cord finally fell off yesterday. Most of the newborn cloth diapers are still too big around the legs for her. We have one cover that actually fits her and that's the Bummis super bright. 


It's on over an Orange Diaper co newborn flat in the kite fold. 

Her preemie prefolds fit but with only one cover, it's hard to cloth diaper full time. So we are mostly using sposies still. Even the newborn diapers go up past her belly button. 

Overall, things have been decent. Mila has been a great tempered baby so far. I hope she stays this mellow. 

1 comment:

  1. Such a cuite! Glad she is nursing better too. She will be in cute cloth diapers soon enough.

    ReplyDelete