Notice anything strange in this picture?
So, I've been noticing over the last few weeks that Mila always holds her head to one side. It's like the top of her head pulls right while her chin goes left.
Do you see it now in the pictures?
At first I thought it was just because her head was still unstable but then I noticed more and more. Every single time. I'm now starting to wonder if she has torticollis. I've googled it of course and I know friends whose babies have had it before. It sounds pretty identical to Mila and how she holds her head.
I plan to call the doc on Monday and see if she needs to be seen before her 4 month appt at the beginning of January. I've already started working with Mila on stretching the muscles on that side of her neck, holding her in different positions, and playing in different positions. This could also explain why she dislikes tummy time so much.
It doesn't look too severe to me at this point, but I worry that if it is ignored, it could turn into something a lot worse. We will see what the doc recommends.



I had never heard of torticollis so I googled it as well. It sounds like you are doing the right thing by working with her. I would do the same as you and call the doctor in the morning and see what they think. But on another nite, Mila is so adorable! She has the cutest little face =)
ReplyDeleteI hope the doctors can give you a diagnosis--although it does look like your concerns might be correct. Seems to me that that would be a reason she hates tummy time. Hopefully with the exercises, it resolves itself soon!
ReplyDeleteNever can be cautious! Did you get an apt with the doctor? I hope you get answers and that the exercises are helping.
ReplyDelete