Tuesday, June 16, 2009

On the move



Ever since B started to sit on his own, he has been trying to move. Just recently, he has started to get on his hands from the sitting position and move himself around. He just does not sit still anymore. When he is on his tummy, he scrunches his knees up and lunges himself forward. It won't be long now before he is up and crawling. I tried to get a video of him doing the scrunch, but all I could get was him moving from the sitting position.

Last night, he was laying in bed with me and he was lunging for his pacifier. He moved all around that bed. In fact, today I went to get him after he woke up from a nap and he was facing the opposite direction in the bed. Even more reason to move him back to his crib.

Speaking of his crib, the transition is not going so well. He is a very persistent little guy about sleeping next to mommy. Nap time seems to be the hardest, he is just not a fan at all of being put in the pack 'n play. For bedtime I can usually nurse him in our bed and then once he is asleep I move him to the pack 'n play. It's especially frustrating when he will only sleep for maybe 20-30 minutes in his crib, but will take a 2 hour nap in our bed. But I keep trying, hoping one day it will be easier and work.

I have also introduced a sippy cup to B. He has figured out how to get the water out of it and loves to play with the cup. It has become a source of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment