Our garden has definitely taken off rather well, a little too well for me being the gardener. I usually kill everything as soon as I plant it. But I guess my luck has changed for this year.
I had to take out an entire row of cucumbers and give them to my inlaws because they were getting so big that they were overtaking my jalapenos and green onions. I still have 7 cucumber plants left, which is probably more than enough. I also counted how many green tomatoes we have on our plant tonight and I got 21! Good thing I LOVE fried green tomatoes and regular tomatoes or else we would be in trouble. The green onions are coming along, I have already harvested about 8 or so and ate them up. The radishes I also harvested and ate all of them as well.
*Green Onions*
I also planted an eggplant plant this year and I am very curious to see how this thing grows. It is getting tall but I haven't quite figured out yet how this heavy eggplant is going to grow on this tall plant without weighing it down. But, I may be surprised!
*Eggplant*
I think the thing I love best about my garden is that is it all natural. All of my plants are growing so well and all I used was organic soil and compost. You don't have to use a bunch of chemicals to get the results that you want. I can't wait to harvest more of our veggies!
No comments:
Post a Comment