Well, my calm easy going baby has turned into quite a fiesty little guy at times. It's interesting to watch him and his older brother play. Now if big brother takes a toy from him, B screeches at big brother in a very loud voice! He is not shy at displaying his dislike for an event that just happened. I guess he feels as though he needs to state his opinion on it.
B has also become quite fast in his mobility. He is lightening fast when he crawls and now he is standing on his own and cruising around the furniture. He hasn't gotten up the guts to try and take some steps on his own, but he will walk with anything and everything he can get his hands on.
B has really taken to the word "dada." The boy will yell "dada" anywhere and everywhere we go. I try to get him to say "mama" and he just stares at me and then laughs, like yeah right mom! Apparently even thousands of miles away, dad is still cooler than mom. :( At least mom still has the goods! :)
Speaking of goods, I am in the process of weaning myself off of the pump. Instead of pumping 3 times a day at work, I am now down to once a day, usually around lunch time. That leaves about 4 hours between feedings. My plan is to stop pumping completely when B turns 1 and then he can nurse at night, in the morning, and on weekends. I will make it to my goal of 1 year and then we will become extended nursers until B decides mom and the goods aren't cool anymore. That will be a sad day for me because I enjoy nursing him so much and I love our quality time that we get to spend together.
We also got a new stroller recently. I really like our doubler stroller that we got, but P wants to walk all the time now. That doesn't really fit with lugging around a doubler stroller then. I wanted something light weight, had a basket for a diaper bag or other things, and had a good canopy to keep the sun off B. I think I have found perfection in all of those categories! I ended up getting a Joovy Kooper and I LOVE it!! It is extremely light weight and I can fold it down with one hand and lift it into the van while holding B. It also has a basket and drink holders and it has a HUGE canopy to cover B and will definitely keep the sun off of him. I also like the colors that they make, we got the Appletree color, which I love as well. Here is a pic of it:
It drives like a dream too! It folds down to the size of an umbrella stroller, which is nice if I have other things in the back of the van. It does recline almost all the way down, which is nice for naps. It fits both boys great and they both seem to enjoy it.
Oh, strollers ... such drama. Husband talked me into a Sit 'n Stand that I had reservations about. I'm borrowing my neighbor's Instep Double-Jogger. I like it, but I'm wondering if I really need a double jogger ... a single would probably be OK (and the second I buy it, then I'll be pregnant ... that's how things work). I'm ready for my porky 15 month old to walk.
ReplyDeleteOh my I can't believe how alike our "babies" are, Tessa is doing so much of the same stuff!! She is a little more daring though and has started with some steps!! As far as the stroller thing I have a Joovy Kooper that I got when she was born, I opted for the lightweight compact instead of the huge thing!! I'm so sad they don't make a double for the future some day we LOVE this stroller!! Good Choice!
ReplyDelete