During some down time at work I was reading some emails. I am a subscriber to the Hillbilly Housewives newsletter and I had a new one in my Inbox. I am a big fan of the Hillbilly Housewife simply because there are a lot of great tips, recipes, and tricks to getting the most for your money. They even have an emergency meal plan for a week for a family of 4 for $45!!! You can find the website here and subscribe to the free newsletter if you are interested.
Anyways, I was reading the newsletter and was browsing through the recipes and such. I came across the homemade detergent section and read a reply that had a link to the lady's blog. I then started to read her blog. She had some really good recipes on there for homemade cleaning products, fabric softner, and laundry detergent. She even posted a great link to an online store where she buys her scented essential oils. So, of course I visited the store because I have been looking for some more scented oils to put in our wetbag for diapers and other uses. So I ordered Monkey farts (smells like banana and other yumminess), pink sugar (which is my favorite and I even have the perfume), Amish Friendship bread (you know this HAS to smell good), and lemon pound cake (I love lemon smelling things, very fresh!). They were only $2.50 each and you can use them in so many things. I use them for scenting our homemade cleaners, laundry detergent, wetbag for diapers, and many other things. Here is a link to Natures Garden where they sell the fragrance oils.
I really wanted to share this blog with everyone because it has some really good recipes and tips on there. And with the economy the way it is at the moment, we all can really use some ways to save money. (Hint, cloth diapering is a great way!! :)) Anyways, here is the link to the blog: Farming on Faith
I hope you enjoy it and learn as much as I did. :)
Thanks! Been looking for some essential oils since I decided to make our own detergent. I'm too chicken to try cloth diapering though. Check out www.e-mealz.com - I'm a subscriber and it's the best $5 I spend a month. I think you can get lists for one (since I'm assuming the kids don't eat as much as adults...although they might - I live with a picky non-eater)
ReplyDeleteokay, courtney....i'm really interested in cloth diapers...what kind do you use? it seems overwhelming because there are so many different brands. it's a big initial investment, and i don't want to get them and find that they don't work for my girls! how do you decide?
ReplyDelete