All in all, I adore this seat and it gives B plenty of growing room in it. He may actually make it to 2 years old comfortably in this seat before I have to turn him forward. I would definitely recommend this seat to anyone and the colors are very vibrant. Even the babe likes it! :)
Sunday, January 10, 2010
It's here!
Our new carseat came in the mail yesterday!! Which was super, super fast shipping. I got free shipping from Amazon on Thursday and it was at my doorstep Saturday morning. So here it is:
This is how it looked when I pulled it out of the box. The upper headrest comes in the box, but not on the carseat. I have to say, I absolutely adore the colors. They are even better in person than on the website. It comes with an infant insert and headrest which is pictured here. However, the insert and headrest have only been tested with a child on the first shoulder slot for the harness, so once your child is up to the second slot you can no longer use the insert or the headrest. I tried B in the carseat to see how he fit.
He loved it!! Now in this picture, I still have the infant insert in the carseat and his shoulders were even with the second shoulder harness slot. Meaning, I can't use the insert. So I take the insert out and put him back in the carseat. Then, his shoulders were even with the first shoulder harness slots. I decided since he isn't an infant and he didn't really need the extra body support, he didn't really need the insert and so I left it out and left him on the first shoulder slots.
Also, you don't need to use the headrest as long as the child/infant is between 5-22lbs and their head is 1 inch below the top of the seat. (I always hated that rule b/c I don't always have a ruler handy and you can't measure from the top of the head and the seat. It's like this weird angle calculation. Sorry, don't have time for that!) Luckily, on this seat there is a tag at the top of the seat that has a thick red line on it. This is the line that determines if you need the headrest or not. B's head is slightly below the red line but with his hair its hard to tell for sure. I decided to go ahead and put the headrest on for safety sake.
I actually like this seat so much that I put it in the van instead of the truck. I took out the Britax Marathon and put that in the truck instead. I really like how the TrueFit has the side impact protection (Marathon does not) and how deep the seat it. Once I installed the seat, it gave B so much more leg room rear facing than the Marathon did. The install wasn't too bad. The LATCH anchors came in the forward facing position so I had to rethread them to go rearfacing, but besides that it was a piece of cake.
All in all, I adore this seat and it gives B plenty of growing room in it. He may actually make it to 2 years old comfortably in this seat before I have to turn him forward. I would definitely recommend this seat to anyone and the colors are very vibrant. Even the babe likes it! :)
All in all, I adore this seat and it gives B plenty of growing room in it. He may actually make it to 2 years old comfortably in this seat before I have to turn him forward. I would definitely recommend this seat to anyone and the colors are very vibrant. Even the babe likes it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I will have to keep in mind for my car.. since some is growing so fast, we aren't sure how long his SnugRide 35 is going to last.
ReplyDelete