Monday, January 18, 2010

Pulverized

Is how I felt when I woke up this morning. I started Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred yesterday and now my entire body aches. It's painful but a feeling that only means good things. Thankfully, the workouts are only 20 minutes long and there are three levels of difficulty. (Obviously I am on level 1 and it kicked my butt) I have started Weight Watchers again and I hope to be a little slimmer before my hubby comes home for a visit next month. I would also like to be slimmer before having another baby. (which will be at least another 11 months before we start trying) I already know chasing around two little ones can be tiring, but with a third I will need all of the energy that I can get.

Speaking of two little ones, yesterday I moved Bennett into Peytonn's room, so they are now roomies. I turned Bennett's old room back into an office and sewing room, which will allow us more storage for miscellaneous items. It seems like we are busting at the seams already in our house. It would be so much better if we had a basement where we could store things. I desperately need to finish going through the baby clothes and get rid of some more. I have already gotten rid of two containers worth of 0-12 month stuff to friends who were having boys. But I still feel like we have a ton of stuff left. It also seems like the boys are getting closer in sizes. Peytonn just moved up to 3T clothes and I have been taking the 24month/2T clothes out of his closet and setting them aside. But now, Bennett has completely outgrown all 12 month clothes and has moved to 18 month stuff. I feel like putting Peytonn's 24 month stuff in storage will be pointless if Bennett is going to start wearing them in the next 6 months or so. But then again, it will make things more organized and less cluttered. I also need to put Bennett's outgrown clothes into the storage container and clean out his closet so I can move his clothes to his new room.

I was nervous about how bedtime was going to go last night with the two of them in the same room. Usually Bennett goes to bed around 7pm and Peytonn goes to bed at 7:30pm. Finally, around 8pm they both were snoozing and I had to wake Bennett up at 7am this morning. He didn't wake up once last night, which is rare. It's also nice to only have one baby monitor now instead of two.

I also changed our bedroom furniture around. It has been the same since we moved into our house 2 years ago. It was time for a change. Our bedroom is quite large and we have a king size bed, so I wanted to play around with the arrangement. I ended up putting the bed at an angle in one of the corners of the room, which really opens up the other side of the room and makes it look even bigger. It would look really nice to get a chase lounge chair to put in the empty corner of the room and have a sitting area (or clothes collector). We plan to get a new mattress when the hubby is home and I am super excited about that (so is my back!). I really want something I can just sink into and relax, instead of tossing and turning a million times to find a comfortable position. We would also like to get a new couch for the living room. The one we have in there currently my husband bought when we met (so 6 years ago) and it has been beaten up. Its time for a new couch down there! I have been good about saving money since the hubby has been gone and I am proud to say that we can pay cash for both the new mattress and the couch! These two items are things we have waited a long time to replace.

I am going to try and take pictures of the new rearranged rooms once I get them all organized. Maybe some of you can give me some designing/decorating pointers or suggestions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment