Saturday, February 6, 2010

my *must haves*

I know that sometimes when you describe yourself as "crunchy" people don't always know what that means. Frankly, there can be different kinds of "crunchy" and it all depends on how you view yourself and your lifestyle. Personally, I think I am kind of in the middle somewhere. I'm too weird to be "mainstream" and not hardcore enough to be "super crunchy." Here are some of the weird "crunchy" things that we do in our lives: cloth diaper, use unpaper towels, use natural cleaners as much as possible, extended breastfeeding, extended rearfacing, babywearing, buy organic or all natural as much as possible, and drink raw milk. We try to reuse or not use at all for a lot of things, such a unpaper towels. We don't buy paper towels because to me it is a waste of money (I'm just going to throw it in the trash anyways) and it helps preserve the environment. I use cloths to clean with and then just wash them and reuse them. For this same reason, we also use cloth diapers and cloth wipes. I make my own wipe solution and just wet each wipe as I need it, then I wash with my diapers.

Some of my favorite "crunchy" products are as follows:

Babyganics Stain Remover
I love this stuff! I use it on my carpet, on clothes, just about anywhere that you have a stain that you need out. It won't harm your carpet, clothes, children, or pets! P.S. They have it on sale at TRU!

Babyganics Floors to Adore in Lavender scentAgain, will clean your floors and wont harm your children or pets.

Small Wonders Wipes

This is what we use for our wipes and I also use them for wash clothes, wiping noses and hands. We have the velour/velour wipes in a rainbow of colors. They are super soft and scrumptious! We also have some that are velour/sherpa and I love those for the poo diapers. Its gets all the gross stuff off the bum. Love them!

Sweet Slings hanging wetbag
This is called a wetbag. It has a cute print outer and a waterproof inner. This hanging one is what we use for our diapers, wipes, and unpaper towels. It keeps all the yucky stuff contained and is smell free. When I wash, I just unzip and dump into the washing machine, bag and all. We also have 3 smaller ones for the diaper bag to send to the babysitters, etc.

So those are just a few things that we use around the house to help save money and the environment. What are some of the things that you use around your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment