The weeks and days just seem to be flying by. Thankfully! Life has been a little chaotic the past few weeks. Peytonn turned 3, the Reunion Meeting, Easter, etc. This week Peytonn started swim lessons twice a week and he also starts soccer on Saturday. We also got a membership to the YMCA and I have been trying to work out a couple of times a week there. Also, since the weather has been so nice, we have been playing outside and taking bike rides almost every night.
Peytonn was very excited about swimming in the pool, that is until it actually came time to get in the pool....without mom. I had to stand next to the side of the pool for the first half of the class on Monday and then I slowly made my way over to the benches. The kids are also supposed to stay in the pool next to the wall, with both hands on the wall while the instructor swims with the other kids. Peytonn would not stay in the pool at all. He would climb out and sit on the wall and only put his feet in. But by the end of class Monday, he was blowing bubbles in the water and even jumped in at the end. Today, he was still timid at the beginning of the class, but quickly warmed up. He stayed in the pool the entire time and even got his head underwater twice when he jumped in. He did much better today I am excited to see he progresses from week to week. I got him some goggles today so that he doesn't get so irritated when water gets in his eyes. This also gives us the opportunity for some one on one time together. I drop Bennett at the babysitter before I take Peytonn to his lesson.
Bennett is doing well, growing and changing so much each day. His language is developing so much faster than Peytonn's did. Even just his motor skills amaze me every day. He is able to transfer a toy from one hand to the other while he puts his arms through the arm holes of a shirt. He can stand in front of me and put his own legs, one by one, into his pants. I can give him a choice between string cheese or a Nutrigrain bar and he will choose one and call it by name (cheese or bar). He can feed himself with a spoon or a fork and gets quite upset if you forget to give him one. He is obsessed with going up and down the step on our front porch. He will do it over and over again. He is just changing so much right before my eyes! Pretty soon my little boy is going to be a big boy and not a cuddly toddler. :(
Soon, Daddy will be home and life will change again. Things will get back to the old "normal" and I can go back to being a wife and a Mommy, instead of the "be all" for everything to everyone. :)



Swim lessons, how fun! I'm sure before you know it you'll get to the pool and Peytonn will just run and jump in like you're not even there! I'm hoping Hannah loves the pool this year as much as she did last year. And isn't it just crazy how big they're getting and how much they change from week to week. I really have no idea how April is already half over. Time is going by way too fast!
ReplyDeleteCourtney, your boys are so cute! I was thinking of putting Crew into swim lessons. He will be a year next week. What age do you think they should be before taking lessons? I didn't know if he is too young, but at the same time we are beach bums in the summer so I kind of wanted to get him started early. If you could let me know your thoughts, I would appreciate it! :)
ReplyDelete