Life has been crazy busy around our house lately. The kids have been battling some sort of illness, which then got Hubby sick. Avonlea had to be taken to Urgent care the day after Christmas, which was a complete nightmare. We have like 5 Urgent Care's in town and there was a 2 hour wait at all of them! Finally we got to see the doc and they diagnosed her with acute broncitis and an ear infection. She's still recovering and has been seen twice by her regular doc since then to make sure she is clearing up. I am very ready for all the coughing to go away!
Work has also been crazy! I'm back to a full time schedule and trying to fit it all in gets a little hectic sometimes. I'm very lucky that I make my own schedule which allows me be able to take and pick up Peytonn from school and be home by 3:30pm later in the week. I also attend RCIA meetings on Wednesday nights for church. I am really enjoying them. My sponsor is actually a friend of mine and co-worker. I always think its fun to get to know people outside of the work environment and I am so thankful that she is helping to guide me through this process.
With the wintery weather, I have been inspired to cook a little more than I was. With 3 kids and a full time job, its sometimes hard to always get a good homecooked meal on the table. Especially during the week. With Lent coming up, I have been playing around and introducing some vegetarian meals into our diets. Here are some of the meals we have been enjoying lately:
See, I told you I've had an itch to cook more! :) We have also made lentil cakes on homemade buns. You eat them like a hamburger. They were pretty tasty. Last night I made Passover Brisket from The Pioneer Woman. It was yummy!!!
I'm sure this month is going to fly by, just last the last few have. Pretty soon my little girl will be 6 months old and Peytonn will be turning 5 soon!! I'm so not ready to either of those milestones! Time needs to slow down, or maybe I do!






Thanks for the shout out! :o)
ReplyDeleteI hope you guys are all starting to feel better. Having sick kiddos is not fun. :o(
i love the new look to your blog!! looks great! i didn't know jennifer did blog design...i might have to have her tweak mine, it sucks! :)
ReplyDeletebtw, i can't believe how adorable your little one is! she looks so big, wasn't she just born a few wks ago?!?
Hey Court!! Love the new layout and blog name. It's just too precious!! Your recipes look delish!! I'm a sucker for chicken and dumplings. Ooh! I saw a recipe for "lentil meatballs" on pinterest the other day and pinned it thinking of you. It sounded pretty interesting. Take care!
ReplyDelete