Saturday, April 21, 2012
Walking in my shoes..
I love seeing how different everybody's day to day life is compared to ours. I love getting new ideas or routines from the way other people live. We all live our lives differently and I love that! So, here's a day in my life:
5:30am Avonlea wakes up for umpteenth time. I attempt to get her back to sleep, but most mornings it's an epic fail!
6:00am I get in the shower before the boys wake up.
6:15am Peytonn comes strolling into my bathroom with tired eyes and wants some "brefquest"
6:45 I head downstairs with two kiddos to start breakfast
7:15am Bennett is usually up and also requesting "brefquest" I feed all three children and then get them dressed. I also load up the diaper bag with diapers, food for Avonlea, a spoon and bib for her, and a bottle.
7:45am we are out the door and loading up the vehicle. I do a mental check of everything: three kids, a school bag, diaper bag, my work bag and breast pump. And we're off to the babysitter!
8am Drop the kids off and head to work. If I'm going to stop for coffee, I usually do it now. I've been up for about 2.5 hours at this point and haven't ate or drank a single thing.
8:30-11:45am At work, which usually consists of case management, supervised visits, or transports
11:45am head back to the babysitter to pick up Peytonn for school.
12:15am Drop Peytonn at school and grab some lunch while heading to the next clients house.
12:30-2:30 Work some more doing the same as above. Or getting yelled at by a client. Or diffusing a situation. You get the point.
2:45pm pick up Peytonn from school and drive back to the babysitter to get the other two children.
3:15pm head home and start job #2
3:30 get the kids settled and get Avonlea in the high hair for a snack. I usually try to tidy up the downstairs at this point from the morning chaos.
4:15 try to figure out something for dinner while playing referee to the older two and handling Avonlea's fussiness
5:00 or 5:30 I feed the kids dinner. I usual stand and eat because otherwise Avonlea throws a tantrum if she can't have my plate. Therefore, I must be sneaky when I eat
6:00pm clean up from dinner and get bathe Avonlea. If we take a walk, we usually do it now. But sometimes we just ride bikes in the driveway or play out back.
7:30pm hubby arrives home from work. Sometimes Avonlea is asleep at this point and sometimes she is awake. The boys are all hyped up because dad is home!
8:00pm showers for the boys and jammies
8:30pm the boys get into bed and I usually read on my kindle or finish up any chores that need to be done ( which are never ending, by the way!)
9:30-10pm I am passed out. Exhausted from a long day and preparing for job #3.....night time with Avonlea!
There you have it! I'm exhausted just thinking about it! Maybe this is why I look forward to Saturday so much, knowing I don't have to go anywhere if I don't want to! But I do enjoy my time with my kiddos, even if they do wear me out! I wouldn't have it any other way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment