Now, I'm not a huge fan of Hamburger Helper for two reasons: 1.) the nutritional value (or lack thereof!) and 2.) I just dont really like the taste. Now, I do have a box of Hamburger Helper in my pantry, but I'm pretty sure it is expired and been there for years. I think I cut the Box Top off of it and never saw the thing again! But this has all things that my children love and it will be easier to control the ingredients in it. For example, low sodium beef broth, organic ingredients, and the ability to sneak in some veggies. Today is our harvest basket day so depending on what veggies we receive, I will pair this with something from our basket. Maybe a salad or some broccoli from our garden.
Plus, it does look pretty good from the picture. I'm sure the kids will eat it. UPDATE!! Made this and it was yummy!! The boys both cleaned their plates and Avonlea ate two toddler sized bowls worth. I quite enjoyed it myself! I made it as written but added some diced green pepper as well. Very quick and easy!

Yum!
ReplyDeleteHannah is just now willing to try new things. For the past year she has been super picky, which is driving me nuts! I bet she would love this though. A nice mixture of spaghetti and Mac n' cheese!