Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Kitchen redo!

We bought our house brand new 5  years ago. We did not build the house, it was finished when we purchased it. Needless to say, if I had built the house, I would have made A LOT of changes. I've been doing a lot of research  about some DIY home projects and I think I am ready to start.

Number one on my list: the kitchen! We have your standard oak cabinets...GAG! I despise everything about them, oak is just not my thing. After a lot of back and forth and what colors to do, I think I finally have it figured out. I am going to paint the cabinets white and we are going to refinish the countertops in a charcoal color. Repaint the downstairs, including the kitchen, and add a backsplash. Eventually the goal is to  get new appliances. We currently have those disgusting "off white" ones and I loathe those as well.

Here is my inspiration:




I've gotten almost all the supplies except the primer and the paint! I can't wait to get started!!!!

1 comment: