Anyways, here are some of the recipes we have been making lately:
Soft GF sandwich bread:

GF bread from the store is down right disgusting. Trust me. We've tried every single brand out there. For a while we just did without bread or rolled things in corn tortillas. But my golly, sometimes a kid just wants a pb&j! So, mama went on a search for good, soft bread. My sister told me about this recipe that she tried and thought it was really good. So we tried it, and the texture was soft and fluffy....amazing! We had pb&j that night for dinner and the kids were in heaven!! I've made it twice now and we are hooked. It also works great for eggs in a basket and french toast.
PB Oat breakfast cookies:

Really good!! No added sugar or flour! We made them GF by using GF oats.
Crunchy Apple and Grape salad:

Really Good!! The kids really enjoyed this.
We used GF buns and I always make our own BBQ sauce. These were super good!! Peytonn ate two burgers by himself! Bennett ate his without a bun, as always.

Made these the other night for dinner. Super simply to make and really tasty. I used canned and rinsed black beans, mashed them slightly, added some fresh salsa, onion, and seasoning. Used cheddar cheese and sour cream on the side for dipping. Used coconut oil for frying. We ate these up! A great week night meal that's meat free. You could also easily add leftover shredded chicken or taco meat.

Amazing! Seriously! Make this if you make nothing else! Uber easy and really really good! Peytonn likes the sauce as tomato soup without any pasta. I make GF pasta and the sauce separate. Then add them together in the individual bowls. We also use Whole Foods 365 brand of crushed tomatoes with basil as our tomato base.
There you have it! Going GF doesn't have to be difficult. Just making a few changes to your 'usuals' can transform your diet. Most foods are naturally GF: all meat (without breading), veggies, fruit, and most dairy. I am amazed at a lot of the yummy recipes I am finding to replace some of our usual gluten filled foods.
All of these look absolutely delectable! I'll have to try and make some as well. Thanks for the ideas!
ReplyDelete