Monday, July 1, 2013

Sewing projects


A few months ago I purchased a bunch of jersey knit fabric from Girl Charlee's website. I had every intention of making some skirts/dresses for myself and the girls. And then life happened and here we are. 

But, my babysitter went on vacation this past week which forced me to take Thursday and Friday off. I told myself that I was going to get some projects done during nap time. And I did!

I started off by making a maxi dress for myself out of some chevron fabric. It's turned out great!
 
I had enough fabric left over that I decided to make Avonlea a dress as well. Although I made hers without attaching it to a tank or a tshirt. I figured that as she grew, she could wear it as a skirt and get more wear out of it. 

I then decided to make a baby gown out of the remaining fabric. It was super easy. I just attached it to a newborn long sleeved onesie that I cropped. Then added elastic to the bottom. 

I think these will be out coming home outfits. I just adore them! I even made a hat for the baby. I'm not sure that it will fit, but we will see. 

I used this tutorial for my dress:
http://diymaternity.com/pants-skirts/jersey-maxi-skirt/
I used the same concept for Avonlea's skirt and for the gown. However, I just pleated the top of the gown where it attaches to the onesie instead of using elastic. 

On Friday I decided to make a carseat canopy from some leftover fabric. It turned out pretty well and wasn't that difficult. I used this tutorial:
http://simplekids.net/four-simple-diy-baby-projects/


I still have some fabric waiting for dresses and skirts. I'd like to make at least one more for myself and a couple matching ones for the girls. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE these! Thanks for posting the patterns/websites. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adore ALL of these things! You are so talented. Love the colors. Looking great, mama!

    ReplyDelete