Monday, August 5, 2013

Crafts and 31 weeks

II worked on some projects the other day during nap time. My first project was to dye some muslin blankets for the baby. I really wanted some bright colors, so I went with orange, blue, and purple. I also had some plain white onesies and I decided to dye those as well. 
 I let them soak for about an hour, agitating every 15 minutes or so. Then rinsed and washed on warm. Then I soaked them in cold water and vinegar to set the colors and hopefully prevent them from bleeding. 

Here is the first round where I dyed the blankets according to then package directions:
I love the bright, vibrant colors!! I need to finish sewing the raw edges of the purple and blue, but so far I love them. 

After I finished the blankets, I used the same dye and added another 2 cups of warm water to get different colors. 
I love them!!

After I was finished dying, I made a changing pad cover with some soft cotton fabric I found on clearance at Joann's. I used a tutorial that I found on Pinterest. It turned out pretty good and was rather easy to do. 

I've got some more fabric and projects in mind, but those will have to wait for another day. 

I had my doc appt today. I'm 31 weeks now. We did a fetal fibronectin swab (checks for labor in next 2 weeks) and she also did my group beta strep test. I've never made it to a 35 week appt to have it done, so they always give me the antibiotics via IV during labor. They are a b*tch and then my babies always have to have them after birth as well. They basically treat you as though you are positive, even though they don't know for sure. 

Everything looked good at my appt. I already got my results for the FFN test and it was negative, thank heavens! I have also started taking a probiotic and mag/cal supplements. 
The probiotics have really helped my tummy issues. The cal/mag can help with RLS, cramping, sleep, and irritable uterus. My doc agreed with me on taking both and I've already seen a difference. If they help me get even a little further, I will be a happy camper. I've even read the cal/mag can help reduce pain during labor. Now, that would be an awesome bonus!

I continue my shots until 36 weeks. Can't wait to be done with those, I'm not going to lie. I go back in two weeks for another appt and another FFN test. 

Bump pic @ 31 weeks:
  
Bare belly:

2 comments:

  1. The blankets turned out awesome!!! And that was with the natural color gauze? The colors are fabulous! And I wish I could make some colored onesies because those are pretty awesome as well!
    Keep on rockin girl! Bake that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blanket colors!!! I didn't have a big enough pan for my fabric and dyed them in the washer. I need to hem so I can post about them too! Also those onesies are adorable!!
    So glad your fnn test was negative. I had a few with Mackenzie. I hope you make it the furthest with this baby and take baby home with you!! :)

    ReplyDelete