Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hanging on

After a two day scare of possible labor, I'm happy to report that at 34 weeks and 4 days, I'm still pregnant! We just need to get through the weekend. It should be low key, so I hope that helps. 

It really all started on Monday night, I had some horrible menstrual feeling cramps down low. Then I couldn't get comfortable in bed. It took me two hours to finally fall asleep. I felt decent during the day on Tuesday. I rested most of the day and only left the house to take and pick up the kids from school. 

Tuesday night, however, was terrible. It started around 10pm. More horrible menstrual like cramps but they were wrapping around to my back. It felt like my hips were being pulled apart. I tried a heating pad and multiple positions to try and get comfortable. After about an hour and five pillows, I was able to fall asleep. I  was woken up about midnight to pains in my back. They were coming and going. Which really freaked me out. I've had three back labors and this definitely felt familiar to me. I got extremely nervous at that point. I really thought "this is it!" 

I got up and took a hot shower. Fully planning on packing my bag afterward and calling the doctor. I got out of the shower and felt slightly better. I can downstairs and took two more magnesium pills, drank a bunch of water, and had a snack. I was hoping the magnesium would calm my uterus down. I sat on the couch and watch some TV. I felt better. About 1:30am, I fell asleep on the couch and slept there the rest of the night. 

On Wednesday, my back felt like I had been lifting weights and was pretty sore. I still felt a lot of pressure too. I wasn't confident that I'd even make it to the end of the week. 

Last night I took a bath with some lavender Epsom salt. After I got out of the bath, the baby was super active. Moving around like crazy. Bennett woke up and went in to lay with the boys. I slept all night, without any pain or contractions! I feel much more like myself today. The back pain and pressure are gone. 

I'm starting to wonder if she had turned sideways and that is what made me so uncomfortable. Then last night she changed positions and gave me some relief. 

I know that I probably should have called the doc Tuesday. But now that I'm passed 34 weeks, they wouldn't have stopped my labor anyways. And I'd much rather labor at home for as long as possible before heading in. I have a doc appt tomorrow and I am fully prepared to get the talking to of a lifetime from her. And rightfully so. She is the doc, not me. 

I've packed the baby bag for the hospital. I really wanted to wait to do this until it was time. For the simple reason of packing NICU wire friendly clothes, or newborn clothes. But I've packed a little of both, just in case. 

I'll update more after my appt tomorrow. 

3 comments:

  1. OMG, I had the same thing a few nights ago! Crazy cramping and back pain! I could not get comfortable in bed or fall asleep. I wanted to cry and I told nick the next day that I almost woke him up because I just didn't feel 'right'. Luckily, after a few hours things calmed down enough to where I fell asleep. :o/
    Glad things calmed down for you too! And I'm glad this weekend seems to be slow for you so you can rest! Bake the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to your blog! I've been following Jennifers blog Sweet Little Lovings for quite some time, and just came across yours! I'm also pregnant, 29 weeks =) I'll be praying you keep that baby in a little more longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it's Saturday and your officially baked that baby longer than Mackenzie. Thinking about you daily since your last post!! I'm already freaked out because I feel the most movement/kicks in my lower abdomen. I actually told myself at least he's not head down and that low. :)
    Ill keep thinking/praying for you daily!! Cook baby cook! :)

    ReplyDelete