Good news on the solids, B has taken a good liking to them now. Turns out I'm not really starving my baby after all. :) He is doing so much better with eating pureed baby food. We skipped the stage 1 foods and went right to stage 2, his preference, not mine. Although, some foods are hard to find in the stage 2, so I will buy stage 1 so that he can try them. He still refuses any sort of cereal. I have tried rice, oatmeal, and mixed grain and he is not a fan of any of them. Fine by me! He also loves the texture of table food, so far we have tried peas, green beans, carrots, black beans, bread, and sweet potatoes. It is so funny to watch him "chew" the food up. And don't worry, I do squish the peas and the black beans before giving them to him. :) He has also been a little picky about some foods. He is not the biggest fan of bananas (I don't blame him, gross!) and mixed veggies. But he will chow down spinach and potatoes and prunes like they are going out of business. Silly baby!!
We are also having some sleep issues around here. I have been putting B to bed in his crib, in his room and then once he wakes up the first time I bring him to bed with me. So far, this has worked out fine, he nurses and we both go back to sleep. Plus, since hubby has been gone, it's just me and pork chop in a king size bed, I put him on one side and I sleep on the other until my presence is requested again. Now we are to the point where mommy's boob and mommy in general are the only things that will make B go to sleep. And he is waking up a lot more during the night, it has become nursing for comfort instead of nursing to eat. I remember this stage very well with P, it was right about 6-7 months. This is when I transitioned P out of our bed and back to his crib. The only difference is that P's crib was in our room back then and B has his own room. So, I decided to set up the pack 'n play in our room so that I can transition B to his own bed, but he is still in our room and he won't be as likely to wake up P during the night. Tonight is the first night, so we'll see how it goes.
Boys and their boobies :) At least he won't be able to sniff you out from the pack 'n play. Moose always nurses more at night if he's right by me. We transitioned him to his pack 'n play in our room and now he's in his crib (most nights).
ReplyDeleteHow do you cook the black beans before you give them to him? Do you just rinse them or heat them up (and, obviously, let them cool down)?
I just get the canned black beans with nothing added to them. I drain and rinse them very well and then give them to baby. You could heat them up if you wanted, but B will eat them room temp. You can also add seasoning if you want. I make a taco salad that has black beans in it and B loves them out of there.
ReplyDelete