Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Furniture

I blogged earlier about looking for new furniture. I dreaded doing this by myself with two children. So, I bribed a friend with a home cooked meal and she came along with me to help me corral the children and pick out something good.

We went to every furniture store in town and at the end of the day went back to the first one. This store had the most selection and the best prices. We ended up getting a chocolate brown sectional couch and a new king size mattress. They were delivered on Tuesday of this week and I just love them.
The boys definitely tested out the couch pretty well at the store and it will be easy to clean if milk gets spilled on it, etc. The back cushions are sewn to the back so my child can no longer rip them off and if the dog gets on the couch (which drives me crazy!) I won't have to vacuum it, just brush it off. Also, it comes in pieces so I could decide how big it was going to be.

The bed is super comfy but weighs about the equivalent of a semi. No joke! It has a pillow top and its HUGE! As you can see from the picture, with the pillows on it comes awfully close to the top of the headboard. I literally have to jump to get up into it. However, the dog can no longer get on our bed.....super plus!! :)

1 comment: