Sorry I have been M.I.A. lately, but things have been kind of crazy around here lately. We got word that Hubby was on his way home and we were then at the mercy of the military from that point forward. We got word that his unit would be landing in the middle of the night. The time then proceeded to change 3 times in a matter of 6 hours. I put the kids to bed around 8pm but was nervous to go to sleep myself in case the time changed again.
I woke the boys up around 1:50am and we headed to the meeting spot. We then proceeded to wait until 4:30am for the unit to arrive. At 5:00am we got to spend an hour with our solider before they were bused off for debriefing. After driving the hour home and finally getting an hour worth of sleep, I got a call from the hubby that they were being granted an 8 hour pass to spend time with family. So, after being up from Friday at 5:30am until Saturday at 7:30am, I now had to load the kids back up and drive another 2 hours south to spend the day with hubby. We had a great day of shopping and eating and just spending some quality time together. We spent the night at my sister's that night because it was closer than driving the 2 hours home. Hubby spent another 5 days at camp and then we finally got to pick him up on Thursday. The boys were very excited to have daddy home and so was I.
Friday we headed out to Tennessee to spend the weekend at my sister-in-laws for our nieces 4th birthday. We stayed in a hotel and the boys really enjoyed swimming with daddy and playing with their cousin. The 6 hour drive with two kids was a bit of a different story. :) The kids had a blast though.
We made it safely home on Sunday. We all needed to catch up on some sleep and I had to return to work on Monday. The boys have enjoyed having daddy home all day with them and I must admit that I LOVED coming home to dinner on the table yesterday. :) Its great to have some help with the daily household chores again and just getting the kids taken care of. Its also nice to have some adult company again after the kids go to bed. We are all glad that daddy is home for good now. It truly is a sweet relief for all of us.






So glad he's home Courtney and I'm sure the boys are just loving it! :o)
ReplyDeleteMakes me tear up to read this! I'm so happy for the 4 of you being back together! I can't imagine how nice it is to have Dennis there to talk to and be with when the boys go to bed, help with the kiddos and dinner made for you!!!! :) Welcome home, Dennis.
ReplyDelete