Would be the word I would use to sum up our meal yesterday. Everything came together perfect, we ate on time, and the turkey was nice and juicy. Everyone raved over the pecan pie, the layered salad, the turkey, the spicy sweet potatoes, and the cornflake potatoes were the best I had ever made! Now we have about 100lbs of leftover to consume. (Ok, maybe not that much, but it seems like it!)
Last night after all of our guests departed, I went and played Bingo with my friend Ginger. My husband called me old and said I needed to trade my vehicle in for a Lincoln Town Car. I gave him the look of death and went and had fun! Ginger won $150 with one Bingo! I was not that lucky, but I did have fun and would like to do it again. When I left the Bingo place, Toys 'R Us was already packed at 10:20 at night! Hubby had to work today so I didn't dare go shopping. I did venture out to Target around 10am and yeah it was busy, but I really just needed milk. I thought I might browse around but 20 minutes into our adventure, Peytonn had his first melt down and then proceeded to scream through the store. I left our cart in the middle of the aisle and walked out. Without my milk!
I stopped at Meijer (considerably less busy than Target!) to get milk. I get the boys inside and realize Bennett took his sock and shoe off of one foot in the car. Nice! I grab my milk and head back out to the car. The boys are whiny and so I did the unthinkable! I got them both junior chocolate milkshakes from Steak N Shake. Silence!!!!!!!! Ahhhh, it was fantastic! We ate lunch when we got home and then we all laid down for naps. Mommy definitely needed a nap!
Note to self, no more Christmas shopping with children in tow. Bad idea!!
No comments:
Post a Comment