Tonight we are having Italian Beef sandwiches. The recipe is super easy and tastes really good. I put mine into the crockpot and allow it to cook all day while I am at work. Its so nice to walk into the house after work and smell dinner and have it ready for you.
Italian Beef
1 beef roast (you can make this whatever size will feed your family)
2 cups beef broth (or water)
1 large jar of pepperocini peppers (I buy two jars, one jar of the whole peppers and one jar of the slices to put on top of the sandwiches)
choice of seasonings
slices of cheese (we like provolone or mozzarella)
Place the beef roast in the crockpot and pour the beef broth over the roast. Sprinkle on your choice of seasonings, I used some season salt, smoked paprika, and pepper. Pour a jar of pepperocini peppers (I used the whole peppers) into the crockpot, juice and all. Cover and set on low to cook all day or on high to cook for 4-6 hours.
Once cooked, shred the beef and return it to the juice. Place meat on hoagie roll of your choice, top with a slice of cheese and sliced pepperocini if desired. We also will toast ours after the cheese is on.
These are so tasty and just plain easy! As you all know, I just adore Pioneer Woman. She also has a recipe that is almost exactly like mine. The only difference is that she adds a package of Italian Seasonings to hers. I prefer to add my own seasonings because I don't enjoy mine too salty. On her website, she calls these sandwiches Drip Beef, Two Ways and has two different recipes to prepare these.

No comments:
Post a Comment