We are hosting Thanksgiving again this year and I have been trying to come up with our menu. I think I may have it done and now I just need to make out my grocery list. (nothing like waiting until the last minute, you know!) Here is the menu so far (I am linking the recipes I am using that are online):
Turkey (still deciding if I want to try brining it this year, if so, I have linked to the recipe)
Cornbread stuffing (I made this recipe last year and everyone loved it!)
Green bean Casserole (trying out a new recipe for this. Just a bit different)
Spicy Sweet Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes
Yeast Rolls (I prefer Rhoades)
Deviled Eggs (my MIL is making these)
Cornflake Potatoes (this is my favorite from my childhood. This recipe is similar to mine. However, I top it with crushed cornflakes and some melted butter.)
Layered Salad (its always good to have something cold and crispy. Love this salad!)
Pumpkin Cream Pie (A little something different)
Pecan Pie
I plan to make some dishes ahead of time and then they are ready to go Thanksgiving Day. I plan to have my guests bring some appetizer dishes. It should be a yummy day!!







No comments:
Post a Comment