Monday, December 20, 2010

Adversions

Surprisingly, it has started already. I brought a ham sandwich for lunch today (don't worry, it wasn't lunch meat ham, it was real ham). I ate about 3/4 of it and then it started to not taste too good anymore. The heart burn hit hard again today. I called my doctor's office and they told me to try Prilosec and call back if that didn't give me any relief.

I came home from work and immediately went to the area of my pantry where I keep my home canned items. I rifled through them until I found the pickled beets I had canned a few months ago. I opened them and had that "oh my gosh, these are so good!" moment. It was amazing!

And sweets don't sound good at all! I am a total sweets person, not a candy person, but a dessert person I guess. I love to make cakes, brownies, cookies, etc. But right now (thankfully for my waistline!) they don't sounds tasty at all.

I've also found that the best thing to give me a few moments of relief from the heartburn is a nice hot cup of my pregnancy tea. I drink a cup every night, but I might start taking some to work with me to help during the day.

I also gave away all of my maternity clothes after I had Bennett. What was I thinking?! I ordered 2 pairs of pants from Gap the other day because I know sooner, rather than later, I'm going to need them. Now when I get dressed and nothing will fit, I will have some comfy pants to put on. I still don't have any shirts, but I don't think I will need them for a while. I have plenty of longer shirts that should do the job until about 20 weeks or so.  I am also hoping to maybe get some gift cards for Christmas which might allow me to get some new clothes.

I'm also itching to  buy some itty bitty newborn fluff! But I am trying to hold off until we find out the gender of the baby. I have had blue or green for so long, that if it's a girl, I would really like some pink and purple diapers. Hopefully I can stay strong and wait!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, but SO many places are having clearance right now. I got some Swaddlebees OS minky diapers the other day. The have a buy 3 get 1 free clearance... I love their prints. I put my paypal to good use! lol

    ReplyDelete