Tuesday, May 31, 2011
27 weeks
I can't believe I am 27 weeks already. I thought twice about writing this post because I am so close to surpassing that *mark* that always seems to plague my pregnancies. I'm not going to specifically mention it, but I have in previous posts, so I'm sure you can gauge what I am talking about here.
I have my next doc appt on Wed, June 1st. I also have my GD test that morning. I have never passed the 1 hour test and I always had to take the 3 hour test. Luckily, I have always passed that. I am really hoping to pass the 1 hour test this go round. I have only gained 5 lbs so far this pregnancy, so I am hoping that has helped me.
My sciatic nerves (on both sides) have really been bothering me. I am hoping that I can get a massage while I am down at my appt on Wednesday. It seems like everytime I stand still for a moment and then try to move either leg forward, I get that sharp pain down my back. And sitting on the floor is pretty much torture at this point. I have also been feeling a lot of pain/pressure in my pelvic region. If I squat down, it feels like my crotch is splitting in half. When I lay down, it feels like my pelvis is stretching or moving.
Sleeping has been decent. Although she is very active at night and she has woken me up a few times during the past week. I hope she has decided to move head down now. Although I feel her everywhere. There are times I will feel her on my very left side and not even 30 seconds later I feel her kick on my very right side. So I really am not sure how she is laying in there, or she has 8 legs.
Overall, I am feeling pretty good. I have been trying to stretch and do some breathing exercises each night. Which has really helped with the leg cramps. I still have high hopes at this point that I will be able to make it to 36/37 weeks. Maybe even beyond.
*Note: strawberry picking while pregnant is NOT a good idea. Trust me! It seems like a grand idea prior. But you will regret it for the next 24 hours when you can hardly walk or do anything besides lay there and bark orders at your husband who rolls his eyes at you each time you open your mouth. Just get the pre-picked ones or send someone in your place!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

As long as I can get a request in before Erin gets comfy I'm safe from the eye rolls. Although we just moved our couch and he is right next to the kitchen.....he can't argue with me know. :o) Not that all my requests are kitchen related. :oP
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your gd test!