Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Good recipes

I love trying new recipes and I especially love when they are super yummy! The other night I was scouring the freezer for an idea for dinner.  I pulled out a pack of 3 frozen chicken breasts.  Chicken is pretty versatile, so I started searching my favorite recipe site for some ideas: Recipe Zaar.  I came across a recipe for Oven Fried Chimichangas.  I had all the ingredients and so that was the winner.
I boiled the 3 chicken breasts first and then shredded the meat.  I only used about 1/2 of the meat, which was nice. I could then use the rest of the meat for a second meal.  We topped ours with sour cream and fresh avocado. We loved them and the boys really enjoyed them as well.  Hubby used the leftover shredded chicken to make sandwiches for the boys the next day for lunch.  I love spending $3.96 on 3 natural chicken breasts and getting two entire meals out of them. 

This would also be a great meal to make ahead and freeze for later use or as individual chimichangas.

No comments:

Post a Comment