Monday, June 20, 2011

30 weeks

Well, I made it! I made it to 30 weeks without being hospitalized for preterm labor!! Woot! (I bet I just jinxed myself!) I'm excited though, this has not happened before. I feel good and I feel confident. My ankles are starting to swell a bit more often, but I try to rest at least a few times a day with my feet up and I have increased my water/liquid intake to hopefully offset some of the swelling.  I am still sleeping fairly decent, although some night I dream a lot more often which wakes me up more. I'm not working quite as much this month, so it has helped me slow down a bit. 


My weight gain is still good, under 10 lbs.  I'm sure it will increase more in these last couple of weeks.  I am hoping to make it 7 more weeks and then she is more than welcome to come anytime after that. I think we have finally narrowed her name down and picked one.  Am I going to tell you....NOPE! You'll just have to wait for that news.  :)

She is very active in the evenings and she is not a fan of me sitting down and leaning forward.  She tends to kick or squirm about in my ribs when I do that.  I am still having some pain in my pelvic/crotch area when I stand up.  I asked my doc about it and she thinks I may have a pelvic split or something along those lines since this is my third baby.  Essentially it just means that my ligaments and such down there are stretched.  She suggested I get a support belt. I said "ehhh" and I think I'll just tough it out. It's not terribly painful, just more of an annoyance and makes me uncomfortable. 

I have been craving a lot more calcium lately....milk, yogurt, kefir, cheese, etc.  I also read that baby is storing a lot of calcium from this point on so perhaps that is why.  I haven't really craved much of anything this pregnancy, which has probably only helped the lack of weight gain this go 'round.  I can't believe that she is probably in the 3lb range right now.  I don't feel that huge yet. 

I think we are mostly ready for her.  I still need to take the tags off her clothes and get them washed up and hung in the closet.  I have washed all her diapers and those are ready to be packed in the hospital bag.  I still haven't decided/found her coming home outfit yet, so I may just pack a couple of different options.  I don't know if I should go with something long sleeved/pants (or sleeper) or something summery.  It will be hot, but I know we probably will only be outside long enough to get in/out of the car.  I also need to get batteries for the swing and bouncy seat. I bought some nursing tanks at Target the other day and got some breast pads.  I think I just need some milk bags and I should be ready in that aspect.  Overall I feel good about things and feel prepared. Now hopefully she will stay put for 7 more weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment