Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baby's bag

I've started to pack the baby's bag for the hospital.  Now most people just pack a coming outfit and call it a day. Which is perfectly fine. However, for my last two births, I have had people tell me when and how I can treat my baby. So maybe this time I want to be able to do things MY way.  So, yes, I am packing an entirely separate bag for the baby.

First, I couldn't decide which outfit for her to wear home, so I am bringing 3 different options.  I am also packing some sleepers for her to wear in the hospital. 





I also thought about bringing a hat and some cute bows for her to wear. And also a head band with some bow options:

Then I am packing some of our newborn cloth diapers to take with us.  She will be cloth diapered from the start and her first diaper will be cloth. I am also bringing a wetbag for the dirties to go into.





I also plan to pack some of muslin receiving blankets that we got to use when we leave the hospital.  I am finished working at the end of this month, so I plan to install the carseat at that time since I won't be transporting any other children. 

I haven't packed my bag yet, but I have gotten some items that I will need:
--travel body wash and loofa
--deoderant
--travel shampoo/conditioner
--pads (I hate the huge hospital pads after the first day)
--make-up removing cloths
--mouthwash (in case labor is long and I need a refresher)
--toothpaste
--Burt's Bee's Milk and Honey lotion (love this stuff!)

I will probably pack my bag when I figure it's time to go to the hospital.  I wear most of the stuff that I plan to take and with limited items that still fit at this point, I can't afford to pack away half of my wardrobe.  I also plan to take my own pillow because there is nothing worse than a hospital pillow! I still need to load my iPod with my playlist for labor, but I will get to that hopefully this weekend.

I've been having a lot more contractions this week and I probably should have called the doc, but I have an appointment tomorrow, so I am trying to hold out until then.  Plus, they always fizzle out at night when I go to bed.  We'll see tomorrow if anything is going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment