I adore babywearing! If you've never tried it, you are surely missing out on some sweet snuggle time with your little one. It has so many benefits (bonding, great for fussy babies, and tummy issues to name a few) and it really easy and convenient.
I started babywearing when Peytonn was a baby. He was a baby that definitely liked things a particular way and he was never one to nap in his crib for more than 15-20 minutes at a time. That left me one tired and frustrated mama! I remember wondering what was I doing wrong?! Then I learned of babywearing (from my mom, who wore all of us!) and I started to dig deeper into the types of carriers and carries. I started out with a homemade version of the Moby wrap. I still have that wrap and I have wore all 3 of my babies in it:
Using this wrap and bouncing around the living room was the only way to get Peytonn to fall asleep. This was also how I got pretty much anything done around the house. I then found out about ring slings and decided to try that out. I had already tried a pouch sling and although I liked it, I really preferred how I could adjust the ring sling. I mostly wore Bennett in the ring sling. This allowed me to have my hands free to wrangle my then 20 month old.
Then my husband got deployed and somehow I had to figure out how to mow the lawn with 2 small children, one 2 years old and the other 5 months old. Then I discovered the Beco carrier. Pure bliss! I strapped Bennett to my back and away I went with the lawn mower. It was such a blessing. Now, 3 kids later, I still adore each of my carriers and I like each one for different reasons and situations. They are easy to nurse in and calm my fussy babies. They also allow me to cook dinner, put make up on, do my hair, wash clothes and dishes, etc. I don't know what I would do without my carriers.


I nominated you for the Blog on Fire Award. Check out my blog to find out how to claim it! :o)
ReplyDelete