Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sleep

I've given in. I'm tired of not sleeping and being a zombie and crabby during the day. So, I gave in and now Avonlea is sleeping with me. It seems to be the only way that any of us are getting any sleep.  She seems to be on this routine of nursing almost non-stop from about 6:30-7:30pm and then is usually passed out by 8pm.  And you know what? That works for me! It means I can usually swaddle her and she will sleep in her bed until about midnight. 

Is it ideal, no, well not forever. But, all of my kids have co-slept and the older two sleep in their own beds. I know its not forever. The other night she woke at midnight, 3:30am, and 6am which is a vast improvement from what it was trying to get her to sleep on her own.

I always wonder how bottle fed babies act. Are they like my nursing babies where they just love a boob? I mean, really, my kids eat and then they use it as a pillow.  Or they use me as a pacifier. It's a comfort thing, I know.

She has actually slept in her hammock and she seems to enjoy it. Just not enough to sleep in it all night yet. She takes naps in it during the day though and I'm sure it will come in time. Bennett started sleeping in his crib around 6 months.

I'm pretty sure she is eating more than enough. Especially in the last week, she has really started to fit good into her 0-3 month clothes. They no longer swim on her.  She is chubby and I love it! Sometimes I think her cheeks are going to suffocate her. I'm sure she'll even out eventually. It makes me sad that some of her newborn clothes she will not longer be able to wear. *tear* She has even outgrown her newborn diapers and we have moved on to onesize or size small. She's getting too big, too fast!! Just slow down a little bit, please! For mommy's sake!

1 comment:

  1. Mackenzie is bottle fed and for a few weeks the only way we got sleep was to hold her and sleep in the recliner. I didn't like it, but I needed sleep. She would sleep well till midnight and then eat and if you laid her down she woke up and screamed. I think it had a lot to do with hearing our heart beats. Since her head would have to be on our chest. Good luck. You have to do what it takes sometimes to get sleep!!
    And I hate packing up Mackenzies newborn clothes. :o( Some of her 0-3 month is getting to small even. I throw things into the too small pile everyday. So sad!!

    ReplyDelete