I'm not really a fan of the Easter Bunny...never really have been. I've never really understood where the bunny part came in? Anyways, I made some baskets for the kids with just a few simple items: puzzles, bubbles, pencils, and playdoh. We also went to my inlaws on Easter and the kids did an egg hunt. They had a really good time. We colored eggs when we got home that night.
But I'd have to say, the highlight of Easter for us was attending the Easter Vigil at church. Hubby and I have been going through the RCIA process for quite a few months now. On saturday night, Hubby and I:
--had our marriage blessed in the Catholic church (renewed our vows)
--Hubby got baptized for the first time
--We both got confirmed into the Catholic church
--We both took the Eucharist for the first time as Catholics
The mass was 3 hours long, but it was beautiful and enlightening. I felt such a wonderful spirit within me during the mass. It was so special to see everyone that has joined us on this journey be welcomed into the church with open arms. The cathedral was full and it was such an experience to hear everyone praying and singing for you. I just love our church, it is so beautiful and the people and priests are so wonderful! I feel so blessed to be a part of this family!
*The baptismal pool where Hubby was baptized. If you can see, there is a gate on the left and right side. You walk down into the pool and the Bishop poured water over their heads three times. You can also dip your finger in the tall pool each time you enter the cathedral to renew your baptism each time.
There was a photographer who took pictures of the baptisms, but we were unable to take any other photos, per the Bishop. There were 43 of us that went through the RCIA process and got confirmed into the church at the Easter Vigil. It was just a very special mass.
The kids will be baptized in May. Peytonn already attends Catholic preschool and all of the children will attend Catholic school instead of public school. We are very lucky that our community has a large Catholic population and the Catholic schools go all the way to 12th grade. The Catholic school also has a very good sports program if any of the kids want to play sports.
Overall, we are very happy to finally be a part of the church family!


It was a beautiful night! Glad I got to share it with you.
ReplyDelete