Weight: 21.4lbs
Height: 30 inches
The issue: in 3 months she has only gained just over a pound. Although its not a huge concern at this point because she is still between 25th-50th % for weight. I knew she was thinning out and it was one of the things I wanted to ask the doctor about.

We already started giving her 1-2 Pediasure drinks per day and I wanted to know if that was enough or if she should be getting more. The doc said we were doing the right thing. She also said that Avonlea should gain another pound within a month, and if she didn't then we could add another drink in per day, for a total of three. The doc asked about Avonlea's appetite and how she ate. One thing I am very thankful for is that none of my kids are picky eaters and they eat just about everything. Avonlea is no exception to that. I was more concerned about her not getting enough fat for her brain to develop since she was not eating that much dairy.
I've started to add some dairy back into her diet to see how she handles it. So far we have successfully added cottage cheese and regular cheese without a problem. The last 3 days I have given her about 4oz of whole milk per day to see how she does. So far, so good. I hope this will help her gain some weight. She has been stuff in 12-18 month clothes for about 4-6 months now.

She also is finally signing the word "more" back to me. I've been using it with her for month and all of a sudden she just started doing it!
No comments:
Post a Comment