
As of October 2013 we will be a family of six!
I had my first appointment yesterday at 9 weeks and 1 day. My due date is October 6th, but lets be realistic, we are probably looking at a September baby.
Weeks 5-8 we horrific! No joke! I questioned if I would make it through. I literally survived on Wheat Thins and water for most of that time. I was sleeping 10-11 hours each night and I still felt like I had gotten hit by a Mack truck come morning. I questioned how and why people do this multiple times....I was miserable! And then came Saturday...and I woke up and wanted to eat. And on Sunday too. And so on.
It really made me super nervous, that on Friday I felt like death and then on Saturday I felt so much better. I questioned whether I had lost the baby or not. As much as I hated feeling miserable, it at least gave me some peace of mind. I knew I had an appointment in a week and somehow I restrained myself from calling the doc.
I was a ball of nerves yesterday before my appt. I needed and wanted that ultrasound to make sure everything was ok. But at the same time, I was dreading it in case there was no heartbeat.
Thankfully, my doc knew about my nerves and brought the machine in with her and said, "we are putting all the worry out of your head!" We immediately saw the baby and the heartbeat. The baby was even moving and squirming around. The heartrate measured at 182 beats per minute. The doc said the heart looked strong and the baby looked great! The placenta in the left posterior position which she said she was really happy with.
I am so happy and excited now that I can put some of my worry to the side. We hope to make this a delivery surprise, but I am such a planner. We shall see if I last. :)
And a bump pic just for fun. I can't really hide it anymore.
8 weeks

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Ok, I am so excited for you!!! Yay!
ReplyDeleteI felt kind of crappy from weeks 6-8 as well. Nothing too bad just queasy. Then all of a sudden it stopped and I started to freak out. Honestly, I am still sort of freaking out and we saw our bean wiggling around too.
I don't think I will ever stop freaking out with this pregnancy just because of our previous loss. :o/
I'm sure I am looking at a September baby too as I already had high blood pressure at my last appointment. But I think September is a great month to have a baby! :o)
Love your bump. I'm jealous. I just looks chubby. :oP
Congrats again! I'm excited we get to be pregnant at the same time. :o)
Congrats!! Praying all stays healthy and you have a happy healthy pregnancy! Glad your feeling better too.
ReplyDelete