Monday, March 15, 2010

Bike Trailer

I've been wanting to get a bike trailer since last summer, but with finances, pregnancy, bedrest, etc in the way, we never got one. Peytonn is still learning how to pedal a bike so just a bike seat for Bennett was out of the question. I have been researching bike trailers and looking around at used children's stores and have not been able to find one. Only jogging strollers and let's face it, I'm just not a jogger.

I found that Dick's Sporting Goods carries the InStep brand bike trailer and went to the store to see it in person. Sucky pretty much sums up this trailer. The "seat" that my kids are supposed to sit on isn't even flat, it like a hammock. Imagine the "he's touching me mom!" kind of bike rides we could enjoy with that piece of crap. NOT! And especially for the over $200 price tag of it, NO THANK YOU! So, back to the drawing board. I started searching Amazon and reading reviews. I found some "definitely out of our price range" nice/good reviews bike trailers, but none that I could hardly convince my husband to let me buy. Then I happened across the Schwinn Joyrider. It actually has a real seat, that's padded! GASP! It has a huge screened in canopy and enough room for 2 with harnesses. And it has a space for their helmets and storage in the back. Oh, and it converts easily to a double stroller. Great! I'll take it! And I did! Sadly, it takes 2-4 weeks to ship and should be here sometime the first week of April. I also ordered Bennett a bike helmet from Amazon b/c heaven forbid a retail store should carry an infant bike helmet. Here is our beauty:I like the colors too! It's not bumblebee yellow! I can't wait to try it out. I'm sure the boys will love it and I'm sure my butt and thighs will love the workout! :)

2 comments:

  1. I have an Instep one, but it wasn't $200 - maybe like $80. I got it a few years ago. Probably not the same one you looked at - it's blue, not yellow. No complaints here for price and performance. We haven't entered the phase of "HE'S TOUCHING ME!" yet :)

    The JoyRider looks very nice. I just love Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm excited for you to get this! YOu're making me want to get out and ride a bike! Come on, warm weather....stick around!

    ReplyDelete