Last week I planned four meals out and I only ended up making three. We just were able to eat the leftovers and I didn't need to make the fourth meal. So, this week I plan to make three, possibly four if I have to. Here is the menu for this week:
--Salmon with Rice and asparagus
--Shrimp Diablo with Penne and french bread and salad
--Porucpines with mashed potatoes and a veggie of some sort
My back up meal for this week if we need it is:
--Butternut squash ravioli with sage brown butter sauce (this is a favorite in our house and both the boys LOVE it!)
I actually have everything on hand to make all of these meals, so no trip to the grocery this week! Yay! We are really good at stockpiling, so we could probably go about 3 weeks to a month without making a huge shopping trip. I am trying to make more meals out of what we already have instead of stopping at the store for this and that to make a specific recipe.
We also have a birthday party to attend this evening and I made this grape salad to take with us. This stuff is delicious and very easy to make! It's like crack, you can't eat just one helping. :)
--Grape Salad
I make mine in a 9x13 pan and put the brown sugar/pecan mixture on top of that. That way you get more of the topping in each serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment