Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hodge Podge

It has been so nice outside this past week. Granted it did rain on Sunday, but it has still been in the 50-60's and most days have been sunny. I was home this afternoon and decided to walk around the house and check out the garden's to see if anything was starting to turn green yet. I discovered that my tulips in our front flower garden are starting to sprout up through the ground. I was so excited, this is a sure sign of spring!!It was so nice to see that little bit of green amongst all the brown! I also noticed that my veggies are starting to sprout as well. I love the pretty deep purple/pink that the beets are.

I also made some lasagna on Monday night, it was FABULOUS! I mean, even the kids ate everything on their plate (even though I added in some spinach!). Pretty much the only difference from a basic lasagna recipe was the cream layer. Instead of using ricotta or cottage cheese, the recipe called for 1 cup of chicken stock heated up on the stove. Then you add 8oz of cream cheese and wisk until creamy. Pour this on top of the noodle layer. Did I mention how amazing this was?!We ate it two nights in a row and only finished half, so I boxed up the other half of the 9x13 pan and put it in the freezer for another night. Tonight we are having marinated pork chops and veggies on the grill with whole wheat couscous and fresh rolls. This is the second time I am using the bread dough that I made earlier in the week. First time I made a loaf and this time I am making rolls. The loaf tasted really good, so I hope the rolls are just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment