I haven't made any homemade bread in a couple of months and I have to say that I miss it. I miss the house smelling of rising yeast and then the aroma of fresh baked bread. Oh, and then there is the taste, the warm fluffy taste of fresh baked bread. *sigh* Of course I immediately went searching for a bread recipe to make today. I stumbled across this website/blog called The Knead For Bread and discovered this wonderful gem. It has many bread recipes of all sorts, not just your basic white/wheat bread recipes.
I have some tomatoes that I need to use up and found a recipe for roasted tomato bread on the website. I thought for sure I would be making that recipe today. But I kept scrolling through and found a recipe for coconut bread. I have never heard of such a thing, but man do I adore coconut, and who doesn't love coconut and bread? I had all of the ingredients for the recipe and decided to give it a whirl.
Coconut Bread
Dough:
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons shortening ( melted )
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk powder
- 4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg ( beaten )
- 2 tablespoon coconut (finely chopped)
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter, soft
- 2 tablespoon coconut(finely chopped)
--I used coconut oil instead of the shortening
--I left out the powder milk because I didn't have any
This bread was AWESOME! The topping is amazing and the loaf is fluffy and soft. I love how you roll the dough into balls and let it rise and then bake it. You are then able to just pull pieces of the bread off without having to slice it. Love it!! I think next time, I will add more coconut though to the actual dough. Did I mention how much I adore coconut?

No comments:
Post a Comment