I may have a slight obsession with spicy things right now. And by slight, I mean, out of the 10 or so jars of jalapenos that I canned this summer, I am on my last jar. GASP! I know, I cried a little too when I discovered this. But the good news is, I just picked a bunch of peppers from our garden tonight and I am going to get more at the Farmer's Market on Saturday and I will just pickle myself some more.
I have to say, the recipe I used was absolutely wonderful!! They had really good flavor and the peppers had just enough spice to satisfy me. I hope I can find the recipe I used to make them. I think it may be stored on my work computer.
ETA: After looking in the most obvious place EVER (my blog!) I found the recipe for the jalapenos. You can find it here. I highly recommend it!!!
This really makes me want to dig into the jars of pickles and green beans. Oh the torture!! Should I wait longer, or should I just do it? You know, I canned all of these things to eat in the dead of winter and it's not even fall yet and I can't keep my hands off them. I'm doomed!
In other news, Bennett is cutting what seems like a million teeth all at once and has been a holy terror lately. He is sleeping pretty decent (thank goodness!!) but when he is awake, he is like a monster! Pretty much my day consists of Bennett constantly repeating the same phrase...."Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" And then when I look at my precious little child and say, "yes Bennett, what do you need?" He just stares at me as if to say "oh nothing mommy, just wanted to make sure you were still listening." He has been extremely clingy and follows me everywhere. I hope this is a short stage!
Peytonn started preschool this week. He absolutely loves it and I am so happy! He goes 5 days a week for 3 hours. We are also having a hard time getting him to stay in his own bed. This seems like a never ending battle with him, we go through this roller coaster every few months. Maybe when he's like 15 it will no longer be cool to sleep with mom and dad. But, that is all for now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment