Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Sundried tomato pesto stuffed chicken
The name says it all. It was easy to throw together and was pretty tasty. I made my own sun dried tomato pesto because I had sun dried tomatoes on hand, but you can certainly buy some at the store. Here is the recipe I used for the pesto: Sundried Tomato Pesto
The changes I made were:
--used dried tomatoes instead of oil packed
--used only 1/2 cup parmesan cheese instead of the full 1 cup. (This still made it a bit too salty for me, so I would only start with 1/4 and add more from there depending on your tastes)
--used dried basil instead of fresh because it's what I had on hand
After making the pesto, I pounded out some chicken breast to about 1/4" thick. Next, I mixed about 4oz of goat cheese into some of the pesto mixture. (You can certainly leave out the goat cheese if you are not a fan. You could also substitute cream cheese) I spread this mixture onto each chicken breast and then roll of the chicken. Place them into a greased 9x13 pan and baked at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is done. Mine only took the 30 minutes. I served the chicken with jasmine rice and steamed broccoli.
We all really liked it. Again, the only issue was the pesto was a bit too salty for our tastes, but that is easily adjustable for the future. I saved the remaining pesto (make sure you separate some pesto for your chicken so you don't contaminate the whole bowl) and put it in the fridge for future use on pasta, chicken, etc. The kids gave it a thumbs up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment