Saturday, May 14, 2011

M.I.A.

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit.  It's been for a few reasons: 1.) Bennett ripped the "e" key off the computer and it made it impossible (or maybe just annoying) to do any sort of long typing. Thankfully, Hubby fixed it. 2.) I'm just tired! I've been laying down with Peytonn at 8:30pm and I am usually passed out by 9:15pm.  3.) I've been having some contractions, which is another reason I have been laying down early.

So, those are my excuses. Take 'em or leave 'em. :)

So, here is an update on things around here:

Pregnancy: I'll be 25 weeks on Sunday. I've only gained 4lbs so far. I'm finding I'm not really hungry around dinner time. Usually I end up eating a salad or a bowl of cereal because I know I'll wake up hungry otherwise in the middle of the night.  I've been having a lot of contractions.  They started a week ago Wednesday and have come and gone since then.  There have been a few times that I probably should have called the doc, but I knew she was out of the country on vacation and I was NOT going to take the chance of seeing Man Hands instead.  I have my regular appointment on Wednesday the 18th, so I am trying to hold out until then.  I am pretty sure she will do an internal check as well as a Ffn test.  The baby seems to be doing well.  She is moving about like a ninja still and my whole belly moves when she kicks.  I can also feel her move around and stretch now.  I am carrying a lot lower with her than I did the boys, so it's weird to see my tummy grow in a different way. 

We also don't have a name for her yet, which is really frustrating to me.  I can't even come up with a list of 5 names. And really the last thing I want to do is spend time picking out a name when my baby girl is born.  I just want to enjoy that time with her and worry about scouring name books.  I've already scoured a million it seems like. I can get from A to Z and not pick out ONE.SINGLE.NAME!  I know that I have a bit of time, but all I keep thinking is that I had Peytonn 8 weeks from this point.  Eight weeks is a lot shorter than the 15 until my due date (which we all know is highly unlikely that I will make it to that point!).  We don't do super popular or  common names, so that crosses out a lot of possibilities.  The good news is that I think we are pretty set on her middle name.  Unless we find a name that we love and it doesn't go at all with the middle name we have picked out, I am pretty sure we are going to keep it. 


We also got the hammock hung in the baby's room.  The boys love to be placed in it and chill for a bit.  I am going to have Hubby place a hook in our bedroom as well.  

Family: The boys are doing well.  Peytonn will finish up his first year of Pre-school at the end of this month.  He will go for another year in the Fall and Bennett will also start Pre-school 2 days a week in the Fall.  Bennett is talking so much and every day is learning a new word or phrase.  Currently his favorites are "No way!" and "Do it!"  He is also completely potty trained (except at nights), which is a big relief.  We have finally got the pooping under control. That was really a hang up for him, he would always go in his pants and then tell us he had to go.  Now he is telling us ahead of time and I can usually tell he has to go by all the down drafts that I get. :)

The boys have loved all this warm weather and have really enjoyed playing out in the pool.  Peytonn has really loved riding his Razor scooter and he is pretty darn good at that thing.  He is super fast and weaves around on the side walk and drive way.  Bennett is still on the 3 wheel scooter but getting better with it each day.

We have also enjoyed getting our first 2 baskets from our CSA.  I am loving the fresh asparagus and salad mixes.  I love having locally grown, fresh produce around our house again.  I also got some of my garden planted.  So far we have green onions, radish, tomatoes, jalapenos, and banana peppers.  Once the green onion and radish are done I will plant some more summer veggies in their place.

I think that is about it.  Today, the boys and I are heading down to my Mom's house in Indy.  My grandma is staying the weekend with them and we plan to take the boys to either the Zoo or the Children's Museum, depending on the weather.  Peytonn also loves to walk or ride his scooter on the Monon Trail to get ice cream.  Hopefully today should wear them out. :)

3 comments:

  1. I hope you are getting lots of rest this weekend! And if we were having a boybwe would still be thinking about a name. If Erin hadn't picked a name years ago for a girl, we would have agreement issues. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest up girly!
    And I heard a name yesterday that I thought was pretty: Coralie with Cora as the shortened version. Just thought I'd mention it.
    Are you keeping you name options a secret again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey court, I also find girl names way harder than boy names. But the toughest thing for Adam and I is that I want all the kids to have the same initials, so that really limits things and since we have a definate boy name my options are limited. But some of the names that i loved but didn't go with the inital theme are Adelai (pronounced Ad-a-lay), Josslyn, and Kayna. I just thought I'd share incase you like them or it sparks something. If you want I can always keep throwing them out there to ya! Hope your contractions slow down and I hope the doctor goes well weds!

    ReplyDelete