Thursday, May 19, 2011

Update on appointment

I saw the doc on Wednesday. She did an internal check of my cervix and said it was still firm and closed.  She also did a Ffn test and thankfully it came back negative.  I asked her if she could tell if the baby was breech or not.  She stated that its still early to tell but said that if she had to guess she would say the baby is side ways given she found the heart beat in the middle of my belly.  She asked me what I thought.  I said I wasn't sure given that I feel her everywhere, but I mostly feel her on my left side and down low.  It would make sense that her head might be on my right side and legs on the left.  But who knows.

She said the HR was good, around 156.  She said she wanted to see me back in two weeks, so I now start the two week appointments.  I also will do my glucose test on the 1st, when my next appointment is scheduled. 

I think all in all, I feel much better about things.  She said to ignore the little contractions and watch the big ones.  I have far more little ones than big ones so that is a relief to me.  I am really hoping to avoid a hospital stay before this little one decides to come.  I also hope to make it to 36/37 weeks. I feel good at this point and it seems possible. I hope it stays this way!

4 comments:

  1. this is great news! I will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for good news! I was praying things would be ok. And I'll keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news! I know I FEEL my body preparing this time around - practice contractions, weight pushing down, etc. I did NOT have any of these feelings with my first two. My doctor and L&D nurse friend both said these "feelings" are totally run-of-the-mill for a third pregnancy ... not necessarily a sign of a too-early labor. Hope Baby Girl continues to bake to a healthy date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodluck on the glucose test.

    ReplyDelete